Some people are just not breakfast people. No matter how hard they try the idea of food in the morning does not work for them. While this isn’t true of me – I get it. But there’s no reason why they should lose out on all the benefits of breakfast.
This Berry Filling Breakfast Smoothie is not only easy to make but really nutritious, packing in a couple of your five-a-day and some oats for longer lasting energy. It’s not too thick and easy to throw together and can be made with which ever milk suits your diet. If you are pushed for time in the morning then just put all the ingredients into your blender cup, pop it in the fridge and blitz and go.
This can be made vegan and gluten-free by using the appropriate milk and oats. I use frozen berries as they are cheaper and more convenient.
Berry Filling Breakfast Smoothie
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup frozen or fresh berries, mixed or of your choice
- ½ cup Greek style yoghurt (or coconut yoghurt if you wish)
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- Step 1 Simply place all the ingredients into a blender at the same time and blend really well until smooth.