Curries are my go-to when I have random veggies to use up, lots of friends to visit or need to meal-prep some lunches in the freezer. I know a lot of people are scared of making their own curies from scratch and the list of ingredients can look daunting, but once you have bought a few basic spices you are good to go. It’s such a cheap and easy way of making flavourful food and best of all it tastes better the next day!
I’m not the world’s biggest cauliflower fan so this is a great way of making it tasty. The lentils add some oomph and also protein to keep you feeling fuller for longer and the spinach ups the iron content too. By making the spices and onions into a sauce the flavour is really concentrated into the veggies and it makes it more palatable for kids too.
Whether you serve it with rice or an Indian style bread, in a wrap or even on a baked sweet potato, it’s a fab way to get more veggies on your plate.
Cauliflower, Spinach and Lentil Curry
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 15 dried curry leaves
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes in juice
- 250g uncooked red lentils
- 600g cauliflower, broken into florets
- 250g spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Step 1 Melt the oil and when hot add the onions. Soften with the lid on for around 5mins until cooked.
- Step 2 Add all the spices and fry off for a minute or so, if you need to add a tiny bit more fat to do this. Remove from the heat.
- Step 3 Pour in the chopped tomatoes and their juice then blend together until you get a sloppy paste. Return to the pan and fill the tomato tin with water to rinse and add this to the pan too so you have a sauce.
- Step 4 Add the lentils and cauliflower, cover and cook together on a medium heat for 20mins.
- Step 5 Add the rinsed spinach and stir through the lentils and cauliflower. Cover again and cook for 5-10mins until all everything is soft.
- Step 6 Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
7 thoughts on “Cauliflower, Spinach and Lentil Curry”
I like it as well! And I always put a lot of veggies, so I had this feeling that I have delivered myself so much vitamins! 😀
I’m a HUGE fan of veggie curries so this is right up my alley. I’ve been craving lentils too. Can’t wait to try this out.
Xo Joi | https://joi-knows-how.com
This looks absolutely delicious honestly. I’ve been a vegetarian for twelve years and I am always on the lookout for new recipes that are easy to make and (obviously) vegetarian. This one is definitely something I am going to keep in my back pocket.
Great post! x
I love curries, This recipe looks so delicious and healthy. I love it when I put a lot of veggies in my dish! Great recipe! Love it!
This looks and sounds great! I’m a sucker for anything curry and super appreciate that there’s no meat!
My husband would love this! I’ll add it to my meal planning menu. Thanks!
I’ve actually never made Curry. This sounds amazing! Gotta try it 🙂