Rather than have to make a breakfast on Christmas Day enjoy this delicious Christmas Granola which is amazing with coconut or Greek yoghurt. It has all the smells and tastes we associate with the festive season – and of course a hint of chocolate! You can adapt the additions to suit your tastes of course. This also makes a fab Christmas gift if you are making your own foodie presents this year. Be warned though, it will be hard to let go of…
- 6 cups economy style oats
- 2 cups jumbo oats
- 2 cups flaked almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- Zest of one large or 2 small oranges
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup white chocolate drops
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate drops
- 2 cup mixed dried berries – I use raisins, cranberries, sultanas, cherries, blueberries
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°c / 160°c Fan / 350°f / Gas 4.
- Step 2 Take the oats, almonds, seeds, spices, orange zest in a large bowl and mix well.
- Step 3 Stir in the oil and maple syrup so everything is coated.
- Step 4 Line three large baking trays (I use reusable silicone liners) then spread the mixture so it is not thick and is evenly spread.
- Step 5 Bake for 20mins and stir then return to the oven for a further 5-10mins.
- Step 6 Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the trays.
- Step 7 When completely cold stir through the chocolate chips and dried fruit.
- Step 8 Keep in an airtight container.