Personally, I don’t think there is very much which can go wrong in the kitchen which is a total disaster. Usually there is some kind of fix or adaptation which can be made to make the dish work in another way (or hide some bits which are less than perfect!). This Creamy Vegan Thai Carrot Soup is a perfect example of something great coming from something going a bit wrong.
I was making It’s a Double Hitter – Bean Stew and Bean and Tuna Salad and left the beans on to boil for too long as I was juggling too many things at once. But I had already prepped the potatoes and carrots. Not to worry, the beans were perfect for pate, the potatoes for a different salad and the carrots were a gift for this soup. A fabulous choice if you are avoiding dairy, it’s velvety smooth and rich but with a fab spicy hit! Add a little lime on serving if you are so inclined.
Creamy Vegan Thai Carrot Soup
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- 1 large shallot, peeled
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 200ml water
- 3 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon
- Step 1 Chop the carrots and shallots into small pieces.
- Step 2 Place in a small saucepan with the coconut milk, water, bouillon and curry paste.
- Step 3 Stir well and bring to the boil then reduce to a low temperature, cover and simmer until the carrots are soft, around 10mins.
- Step 4 Remove from heat and cool if needs be before blitzing in a blender until completely smooth and adjust thickness with a little water to taste.