This chocolate bark is so quick and easy to make but looks stunning. And with its firework like sprinkles and fire-side treat toppings is perfect for Bonfire Night.
It costs a fraction of the price of upmarket bark and makes a quick and simple present if you are at a friends for lunch – just melt the chocolate before you start getting ready in the morning (or bed) and it will be set ready to go. I just pop it in a nice clear bag and tie a ribbon on the top. Whisper it but even a supermarket economy chocolate works brilliantly which means you can make this stunner for less than 50p!
This bark is also brilliant if you have dietary requirements or allergies as you can make sure the toppings and the chocolate underneath work for you. A friend who is dairy intolerant struggles to find ‘exciting’ chocolate like this which has no dairy. This way you can use a delicious chocolate which fulfills
Firework Chocolate Bark
- 150g chocolate of your choice
- 15g plain popcorn
- 15g mini marshmallows
- Step 1 Simply line an 8 inch cake tin with baking parchment, or better still a silicone liner. Melt the chocolate, I place it broken up into small pieces in a microwaveable bowl, on high for 1minute then remove and keep stirring until it’s all melted. You can also melt it in a bowl over boiling water too.
- Step 2 Pour the chocolate into the lined tin and level out.
- Step 3 Sprinkle over the plain popcorn, mini marshmallows and sprinkle hundreds-and-thousands / sprinkles into the gaps. You can even add some edible glitter if you like.
- Step 4 Chill in the fridge until hard, about 20mins should do it, then break into pieces.