I know some people are crazy about cauliflowers but they have never been top of my fave veggies. Often they are cooked in a way which is so bland so I have resolved to find more exciting ways to make the white vegetable more exciting. And when I ate basically half a cauli in one sitting thanks to this Flavoursome Roasted Cauliflower I think I’m on my way!
The keeping quality of cauliflower makes them a great vegetable for buying up on offer and this dish, which is enough for four people as a side or two as a main, came in at just £1.20 – but tastes like an expensive side.
It’s also really versatile so next time I will make double – one to have hot with some vegan sausages or a piece of fish – the second to combine with some giant couscous a little more lemon and oil and perhaps a handful of rocket. It’s also so quick and easy to make if you prepare the couscous while it’s roasting you could make 4-8 meals in just half an hour.
There’s a reason to love cauliflower!
Flavoursome Roasted Cauliflower
- 450g cauliflower broken into chunky florets
- 1 red/yellow/orange pepper
- 5 shallots cut into ¼ length ways
- 1 heaped tsp coriander powder
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ lemon
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped with hard stalks removed
- A little oil
- Step 1 Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
- Step 2 Toss the cauliflower, pepper, shallots, salt and pepper and coriander powder, together with a drizzle of oil in in a roasting tin.
- Step 3 Combine well and roast in the oven for 20-25mins, stir after 10mins.
- Step 4 The veggies should be just browning when you remove.
- Step 5 Squeeze over the lemon juice and the fresh coriander.
- Step 6 Serve.