I’m excited to have been working with yourzooki.com the past couple of months on some recipes using their incredible fish oil. They approached me after seeing what I was doing with it anyway – it’s a staple in our house because my kids think it’s like sweets! It’s actually sugar free but so delish, like a smoothie and no fishy burps. Bonus. I’ve developed some recipes using all their flavours and will be posting them here (and a version for anyone who doesn’t wish to consume fish). I had never considered mixing the flavours of mango and peach together until I tried the Zooki Fish Oil – but boy does it work as these Mango and Peach Mousse Stacks prove!
This dessert is dinner party worthy but quick and simple enough for everyday. It also contains no sugar, two of your five-a-day and a full adult portion of Zooki if you are using it – which is pretty good going for a yummy treat. And unlike many mousses this doesn’t contain raw eggs or gelatine, which means you can serve them immediately without chilling and it’s suitable for anyone with intolerances.
Tumblers, or martini glasses make great serving dishes for these beautiful mousses as you can see the gorgeous layers. You can always make half size versions for the kids, which would give them their full portion of Zooki for the day too.
Mango and Peach Mousse Stack
- 1 mango, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tin of peaches, drained
- 300ml double cream
- 8 teaspoons Zooki Mango and Peach Omega-3 oil or 8 teaspoons of pureed mango
- Step 1 Blitz the peaches in a blender until you have a smooth liquid.
- Step 2 Chop the mango and place 4 teaspoons of the chopped mango to one side.
- Step 3 Whip the cream with 4 teaspoons of Zooki or mango puree until it’s stiff. When it’s finished stir the remaining 4 teaspoons lightly through the cream so it has a ripple effect, don’t over mix it as you want to see the stripe.
- Step 4 Place 2 tablespoons of the peach puree in the bottom of your glass. Top with 1 tablespoon of chopped mango then an eighth of the cream mix.
- Step 5 Repeat to use up all the puree, mango (not the reserved mango though!) and cream.
- Step 6 Use the reserved mango to garnish the top of the pudding.
- Step 7 You can eat the pudding immediately or chill for later.