As soup season and courgette’s rarely co-inside I’ve never tried courgette soup. But faced with a haul of them from a kind friend and the sudden stormy week I’ve been working on a soup which will work now and also keep in the freezer for the autumn too.
This is the most simple but surprisingly tasty recipe which I’ve come up with which suits so many diets. It’s also delicate in flavour so great for smaller children too. It takes around 20mins to make (the thicker the pieces are chopped the longer it will take to cook) and is so creamy despite having no added cream or thickener. It’s amazing how much flavour the courgettes have!
Quick and Easy Courgette Soup (zucchini)
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 750g courgettes, washed, trimmed and chopped in medium size pieces
- 2 vegetable stock cubes, crumbled
- 750ml water
- 3 bay leaves
- Step 1 Soften the onion and garlic, lid on, in a medium size saucepan for 5 to 10mins until completely soft.
- Step 2 Add the courgettes, stock, water and bay leaves. Replace the lid and bring to the boil then simmer for around 10mins until the courgette is soft.
- Step 3 Remove the bay leaves and blitz until smooth. Season to taste.
9 thoughts on “Quick and Easy Courgette Soup (zucchini)”
Perfect for all those garden zucchinis blooming right now!
I’m always looking for new zucchini recipes. You can only making so much zucchini bread!
Such a lovely recipe. I bet it tastes absolutely delicious. It doesn’t look too hard either.
This looks like a really tasty soup plus its quick and easy. I’ll have to make this soon.
I have been meaning to try zucchini because I haven’t eaten it in my life (can you believe it?! ) and this recipe definitely has me wanting to run to the grocery store and while it up! but it’s currently 3:30 am haha.
This is quick and easy! Never had courgette soup before, looking forward to it 🙂
I always add some carrots to my zucchini soup 🙂
I like that there is no added cream but it still looks so nice and thick
I love soup so much! Especially now in winter! This sounds divine! I’ll have to definitely give it a try! 🙂 xx