Shop bought pate can be a bit of a rip off, often bulked up with not so nice or totally random ingredients and not enough of the bit you were buying it for! That’s why I like to make my own. This Smoked Salmon Pate takes less than five minutes to make and is delicious.
It’s great if you have friends over or if you want to make a bit of smoked salmon go further – and brilliant for a packed lunch. Whether you choose full-fat or reduced fat cream cheese is your choice although it will make a difference to the end consistency. Go for a full-fat for a firmer texture. If you are using half-fat I would recommend popping it in the fridge for half an hour before serving so it can firm up a little more.
If you really want this to come in on a budget use smoked salmon trimmings rather than the full slices as these are the cheapest way to buy smoked salmon and let’s face it, they are only going to get further chopped anyway! Using them and an own brand cream cheese this pate will certainly give you value for money and a posh pate at a budget price!
If you don’t have a blender (I use my Nutribullet for this) you can finely chop the salmon then mash it with a fork to break it up.
Super Fast Smoked Salmon Pate
- 120g to 150g smoked salmon
- 300g pack of cream cheese
- half a lemon or around 1 tablespoon of pre-squeezed lemon
- fresh black pepper (it will be salty enough with the smoked salmon)
- Step 1 Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse until well mixed, you can decide how chunky you want it.
- Step 2 Taste and add more lemon or pepper as desired.