Whatever it is about putting something hot in a bun with some salad and sauce which makes some delicious magic happen, we can’t get enough of it! But you don’t always need to turn to meat or fake meat to make that happen. These Mushroom […]
I’m always looking for new beetroot recipes for my family because we love it and I want to grow some next year too. The beauty of Beetroot and Chickpea Fritters is they are so versatile. They are fab in a wrap instead of falafel, they can be put in a bun as a mini burger and are perfect for a meze style spread too as delicious with salads – or even soups. They are so easy to make and freeze brilliantly so you can always have some at the ready.
Don’t be put off by the lack of ingredients – they still taste amazing.
Beetroot and Chickpea Fritters
- 150g grated raw beetroot
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 ½ tablespoons plain flour or brown rice flour
- Salt and pepper
- oil for frying
- Step 1 Course grate the beetroot into a bowl. Stir through the flour, salt and pepper so its well mixed.
- Step 2 Put the chickpeas into a food processor and blend till smooth but coarse. You will need to scrape down the sides a couple of times probably.
- Step 3 Combine with the beetroot mix.
- Step 4 Heat some oil in a frying pan and form flat patties from about a heaped tablespoon of the mixture in your hands. You can put the mix in the fridge for a bit to stiffen it and make this bit easier if you find it too sticky.
- Step 5 Fry on a low heat for about 5mins each side.