This Warm Courgette and Mint Salad is a great way of using up courgettes and it’s such an interesting side dish. It compliments fish so well and is brilliant as part of a buffet as it’s so colourful and a bit different. I like to use a mix of green and yellow skinned courgettes to make it really bright.
Warm Courgette and Mint Salad
- 2 Courgettes, cut into thin strips lengthways
- Half a red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ clove garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 1 handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A squeeze lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Step 1 Grill the courgettes on a hot griddle pan until browned on each side.
- Step 2 Lay on a baking tray in a low heat oven as you cook in batches.
- Step 3 When they are all done arrange on a platter and sprinkle over the chilli, mint, garlic and seasoning. Drizzle over the oil and squeeze over lemon juice to taste.