It’s always so helpful to have a quick and easy recipe up your sleeve which uses store cupboard ingredients and tastes delicious too. Even better if it’s accessible to as many people as possible. These healthy flapjacks are great for those who might not be able to indulge in a traditional flapjack because of their dietary requirements. They are gluten free (with the appropriate oats), refined sugar free, nut free and vegan so also perfect for lunchboxes and playdates!
But I’m going to let you into a little secret – my absolute favourite thing about these flapjacks is the total lack of washing up they create! While I love cooking, washing up is not something I enjoy at all. So these are a complete win all round.
Allergy Friendly Flapjacks
- 100g jumbo oats
- 125g finer, rolled/economy oats
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cored and grated apple
- 75g mixed sunflower and chia seeds
- 75g raisins and/or cranberries
- 50g coconut oil
- 3tbsp rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 and line a brownie tin.
- Step 2 Melt the coconut oil and syrup together in a pan or for around 20 seconds in a microwave, and add the mashed banana and grated apple. Combine.
- Step 3 Add the two types of oats, seeds and dried fruit and mix well.
- Step 4 Spoon into the tin and level so it’s tightly packed.
- Step 5 Bake in the oven for 25mins until the top is lightly browned.
- Step 6 Allow to cool before serving.