I’m always looking for new beetroot recipes for my family because we love it and I want to grow some next year too. The beauty of Beetroot and Chickpea Fritters is they are so versatile. They are fab in a wrap instead of falafel, they can be put in a bun as a mini burger and are perfect for a meze style spread too as delicious with salads – or even soups. They are so easy to make and freeze brilliantly so you can always have some at the ready.
Don’t be put off by the lack of ingredients – they still taste amazing.
Beetroot and Chickpea Fritters
- 150g grated raw beetroot
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 ½ tablespoons plain flour or brown rice flour
- Salt and pepper
- oil for frying
- Step 1 Course grate the beetroot into a bowl. Stir through the flour, salt and pepper so its well mixed.
- Step 2 Put the chickpeas into a food processor and blend till smooth but coarse. You will need to scrape down the sides a couple of times probably.
- Step 3 Combine with the beetroot mix.
- Step 4 Heat some oil in a frying pan and form flat patties from about a heaped tablespoon of the mixture in your hands. You can put the mix in the fridge for a bit to stiffen it and make this bit easier if you find it too sticky.
- Step 5 Fry on a low heat for about 5mins each side.
7 thoughts on “Beetroot and Chickpea Fritters”
I love this recipe! It looks super delicious and it’s very easy to make. Thanks for sharing it 🙂
You are welcome, it really is as straight forward as it looks!
AMAZING! I’M GOING TO HOPE AROUND AND SEE SOME OTHER DELICIOUS RECIPES TO!
Thank you, I hope you find some dishes to try.
What an interesting combination of flavors! Looks great.
Made the beetroot and chickpea fritters yesterday and loved them. Not too many ingredients and easy to make. As a person who is a bit wary about what can be frozen thanks for telling people if it is suitable for freezing or not, needless to say I have frozen some.. Next tempted by sloppy joe.
Oooh the Sloppy Joe is delicious – also lovely as the basis for a Shepheard’s Pie if you top with some mixed sweet and white potato mash. Also freezes so well. I’m such a fan of freezing up and enjoying later many of my recipes work when they are stored that way for later. So pleased you enjoyed them, thank you so much for letting me know!