Okay, now brace yourself, these chocolate muffins are (deep breath) egg-free, fat-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, nut-free, but definitely NOT flavour free! There is a good reason they are called Free From Everything Healthy Chocolate Brownie Muffins you see! I know what you’re thinking, what do they actually contain? The answer is basically all the good stuff.
In fact, there is so much good stuff in here that they would be a fabulous breakfast for anybody who doesn’t ‘do’ breakfast. They’re the healthiest choice you could go for if you need a sweet snack at coffee time, and the kids will think you’re being the best parent ever giving them this delicious treats when you know that they are actually bulking up on goodness. They are packed with iron, zinc, magnesium and antioxidants so this is certainly a situation where cake really is good for your health!
Overall then – a muffin case of perfect. I hope you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how fluffy and light these brownie muffins are. Serve them with the optional topping which is like a chocolate fudge, So sweet and squishy but with only a few simple ingredients.
Free From Everything Healthy Chocolate Brownie Muffins
- 90g dried dates
- 90g dried figs
- 100g oats (gluten free if required)
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 250 ml water
- 100 ml milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100g dates
- 100ml milk of your choice
- 2 tablespoons cocao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C / Fan 160°C / 350°F. Line 8 muffin tins.
- Step 2 First make a flour from your oats by blitzing them in a blender until they are a fine powder.
- Step 3 In one bowl mix the oats flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Step 4 In a blender put together the dates, figs, water, milk and vanilla essence. Blend this mixture together until it’s smooth and lump free.
- Step 5 Now at the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until just combined. You don’t want to overmix this.
- Step 6 Divide into your muffin tin divide into your lined muffin tins, fill to ¾ full and level the tops with the back of a spoon.
- Step 7 Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick or skewer comes out clear.
- Step 8 While they are cooking make the topping. Simply blend the dates, milk, cocoa and vanilla together until you have a thick paste. Placed this in the fridge for about an hour to firm up before frosting the top of your cooled muffins.
8 thoughts on “Free From Everything Healthy Chocolate Brownie Muffins”
These looks so great. Also very helpful for people with food needs. Thanks for making a simple recipe that looks amazing to try.
They look just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! And I bet they are so delicious!
Oh these are my type of muffins! Yummy! Pinning for later!
Oh my goodness! These sound amazing! Definitely pinning this recipe!
These brownie muffins look amazing, I can’t believe they are healthy. I will definitely try these.
I love chocolate and anything made with chocolate, I am a certified choco-holic. These look amazing so you know I will have to be trying them very soon!
Oooh! Finally cake that I can eat. I might have to make these with the kiddos tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe.
OmG! This is heaven, You added dates and figs in it. Amazing and really different. I’ll make these muffins asap.