Fennel has a very unique flavour and texture so it is lovely to allow that to shine through in a salad. This is the quickest salad you will ever make but is great with loads of dishes, especially other salads, cheeses and cold cuts or fish. The secret is to really finely slice the fennel, so it is easier to eat and more plateable. Either shave it on a mandoline or use a very sharp knife to finely slice.
Simple Fennel Salad
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 large handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon French mustard
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Step 1 Mix the fennel and the parsley in a bowl.
- Step 2 Place all the other ingredients in to a small tub or jar and shake well.
- Step 3 Pour over the fennel and parsley and toss together well.