This is such a classic in our house. You could call this ‘sleepwalking cooking’ as I make it as I go along with no recipe really. But I have paid attention and written down how to make this Squash and Chickpea Tagine because it’s such […]
I’m not sure what kids party tea and lunchboxes comprised of before hummous or hommous or hummus – however you like to spell it! – was a staple of childhood. There’s no doubt it’s a brilliant go to for the whole family, whether as a […]
I’m always looking for new beetroot recipes for my family because we love it and I want to grow some next year too. The beauty of Beetroot and Chickpea Fritters is they are so versatile. They are fab in a wrap instead of falafel, they can be put in a bun as a mini burger and are perfect for a meze style spread too as delicious with salads – or even soups. They are so easy to make and freeze brilliantly so you can always have some at the ready.
Don’t be put off by the lack of ingredients – they still taste amazing.
Beetroot and Chickpea Fritters
- 150g grated raw beetroot
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 ½ tablespoons plain flour or brown rice flour
- Salt and pepper
- oil for frying
- Step 1 Course grate the beetroot into a bowl. Stir through the flour, salt and pepper so its well mixed.
- Step 2 Put the chickpeas into a food processor and blend till smooth but coarse. You will need to scrape down the sides a couple of times probably.
- Step 3 Combine with the beetroot mix.
- Step 4 Heat some oil in a frying pan and form flat patties from about a heaped tablespoon of the mixture in your hands. You can put the mix in the fridge for a bit to stiffen it and make this bit easier if you find it too sticky.
- Step 5 Fry on a low heat for about 5mins each side.