Frozen vegetables are brilliant if you’re trying to eat healthy, quickly and on a budget. Which let’s fact it is our January! They’re brilliant way of eating veggies that are out of season but still at their peak, and actually finding them at reasonable price. […]
Tag: quick meals
Hi, I’m Caroline’s daughter and if there’s one thing I love it’s a hearty Mac and Cheese! A few days ago I was in a café choosing my lunch and I ordered macaroni cheese. It tasted great but was really expensive. So, I thought to myself why pay when I can have it at home? The thing is my mum never makes me macaroni cheese. But that didn’t stop me – I made up a simple Mac and Cheese recipe! Why don’t you have a go too it’s really yummy?
Perfect Macaroni Cheese
- 200g dry macaroni
- 25g butter
- 25g plain flour
- 500ml milk
- 1/2 tsp English mustard
- 200g cheese, grated (I used cheddar and gruyere)
- Step 1 Cook macaroni according to packet instructions.
- Step 2 Place the butter, flour and milk in the saucepan, they should all be cold.
- Step 3 Put on the hob at a high heat and whisk constantly until it comes to boil, then turn heat to low.
- Step 4 Keep stirring and whisking until it reaches your desired consistency (it took about 4 minutes for mine).
- Step 5 Now add the mustard and stir well.
- Step 6 Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until it’s melted.
- Step 7 Now add in the macaroni, combine well and serve.